Unbelievable APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi Deal: Japan Awaits!
Unbelievable APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi Deal: Japan Awaits! – My Messy, Honest, and Slightly Crazy Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just stumbled out of the APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi, and my brain is still buzzing! This isn't your typical cookie-cutter hotel review, folks. This is real talk, a messy, honest, and probably overly-enthusiastic (or possibly slightly cynical) take on the "Unbelievable APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi Deal: Japan Awaits!" – yeah, their marketing team is clearly working overtime. 😉
First Impressions (And My Mild Panic):
Right, so I booked this deal because, well, Japan! And it seemed like a steal. Machida itself? Didn’t know the first thing about it, aside from the fact it’s apparently a decent jump outside of Tokyo. Getting there was an adventure, which included me, clutching my luggage, muttering "accessibility, accessibility," and praying the train wasn’t going to throw me into a farmer's field. (More on THAT later, in the Accessibility section, naturally.)
You walk into the hotel, and BAM! APA's signature…well, efficiency. It's a bit like stepping into a well-oiled machine, albeit one that’s also trying to sell you everything from instant ramen to tiny, branded toothbrushes. The lobby is…compact. But hey, clean, bright, and staffed with people who, bless their hearts, are patient with flustered tourists.
Accessibility: My Personal Marathon (And a Few Tears):
This is where things get real, REALLY real. So, the website says "Facilities for disabled guests." Okay, cool, I’m in a wheelchair. I called ahead to double-check the room was accessible. The lady on the phone was like a saint. She promised me a room, and it was even on a lower floor.
The GOOD: Elevators! They work great. The staff was incredibly helpful getting me through the front doors, and into the check-in counter. The room itself was accessible! (Hallelujah!) Grab bars in the bathroom, wide doorways, and space to maneuver. I did, however, have to roll my eyes a few times at certain "design choices" that feel like they almost understand accessibility but maybe just…slightly miss the mark.
The BAD: The sidewalks outside? Japan is AMAZING, but sometimes a tad… challenging. Think narrow sidewalks, cobblestones, and the occasional rogue bicycle. The hotel entrance seemed to have a decent ramp however, but once you are outside it becomes a bit of a challenge. Okay, full disclosure, navigating the subway was a nightmare. Thankfully, the staff helped me get taxis. Finding a true "wheelchair-accessible" route was…let's just say it took a LOT of planning. This isn’t a knock specifically on the APA, this is honestly a general statement about accessibility in Japan itself.
Rooms: Tiny But Terrific… In a Tiny Way
Okay, the rooms. They're…efficient. "Compact" is the polite word. "Slightly claustrophobic" is what I’d mutter under my breath while trying to fit my luggage and myself in at the same time. HOWEVER, the thing about the APA is they cram a lot into a small space!
The GOOD: Spotless! Seriously, the place gleams. Air conditioning? Absolutely. Blackout curtains? YES! Everything (towels, toiletries, the surprisingly comfy bed) was clean, crisp, and wonderfully supplied! Free Wi-Fi (hooray!), a tiny desk (with a working lamp!), and a mini-fridge (essential for cold drinks after a day of exploring). The little touches—like the slippers and bathrobes—made it feel a little bit more luxurious.
The NOT-SO-GOOD: Space. There isn’t much. Especially if you're traveling with a companion. The bathroom is… cozy. And the decor is…well, very APA. Think functional, not fancy. But hey, I wanted a place to sleep, shower, and explore! And, let's be honest, I wasn't planning on spending my entire trip staring at the walls.
Food, Glorious Food! (Or, The Buffet and My Breakfast Demons)
They tout an Asian breakfast (the buffet!). Okay, I’m a sucker for a buffet. I went in thinking, "I'll be sensible, I'll have some fruit, maybe a little yogurt…"
THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.
The GOOD(ish): The selection was seriously impressive, the buffet was pretty varied! They had the typical Japanese fare like rice, miso soup, and pickles (good!), but also some international options (some slightly… questionable American-style scrambled eggs, let's say).
The BAD (and the Ugly): The coffee. Oh, the coffee. It was… a tragedy. I'm not a coffee snob, but even I struggled. Also, it was a bit busy! It's a mad dash at breakfast with people jostling each other. Just manage expectations! And the food itself? It's a buffet so don't expect Michelin quality.
Things to Do (Beyond the Hotel Walls): My Personal Japanese Odyssey
Machida itself is… well, it's a city. It's not exactly Tokyo. But that’s the point, right? It’s off the beaten path.
The GOOD: The hotel's close proximity to the train station is AMAZING for day trips! Hop on a train and you can be in Shinjuku in under half an hour (which is a great way to escape the crowds of Machida). There are some cute shops and restaurants around Machida. The staff were helpful giving me suggestions. The BAD: It does take a bit of extra effort to get to the big tourist spots.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Especially When You're Exhausted)
The APA prides itself on being all about convenience.
The GOOD: 24-hour front desk! This is a life-saver when you're jet-lagged and can't remember your own name. The staff was really good, helpful, and spoke English which helped a lot. They also had a convenience store right in the hotel (essential for late-night snacks and emergency batteries), and I was able to get a decent rate on currency exchange. Laundry service, too! That saved me from having to pack a suitcase the size of a small apartment.
The NOT-SO-GOOD: I didn't see a whole lot of "relaxing" stuff in the hotel (i.e. massage, spa, sauna, pool), which is a real pity after all that exploring.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized, But Still a Reality Check
They really hammer home their strict cleanliness protocols. And honestly? I felt pretty safe.
The GOOD: Hand sanitizer everywhere! The rooms were spotless! The staff wore masks! There was a sign about the "safe dining setup". They take the pandemic seriously, which is comforting.
The NOT-SO-GOOD: I felt a little bit like I was going through a hazmat drill the first day I was there (disinfecting my hands, wiping down surfaces, etc.). I'm glad they're being safe, but I just didn't want everything to be a clinical experience.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Personal Diet Disaster
Okay, I’ll admit it. I ate all the things. This is where you'll find some problems.
The GOOD: The restaurants! (I think there were a couple of them, maybe… or was it the same one rotated?) Anyway, they had some ok food, Japanese and International. And a bar area. The BAD: The meal choices were limited. And my diet was gone out of the window. There were no real "healthy" options. And honestly, the whole food situation was just… okay. You don’t come to the APA for a gourmet meal. You come to the APA for cheap eats.
Overall Verdict: Should You Book It?
This APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi deal? It’s… a mixed bag. But mostly a GOOD mixed bag.
YES, you should book it if:
- You’re on a budget. It's a great value for the price!
- You prioritize cleanliness and convenience.
- You're a strategic traveler who loves exploring and doesn't mind trading a bit of luxury for accessibility and a solid location.
- You're not afraid of a bit of a challenge getting around (especially if you're in a wheelchair).
- You like eating all the food!
NO, you should maybe reconsider if:
- You demand a luxurious experience. This is a functional stay, not a spa retreat.
- You really need a full-on accessible experience (particularly outside of the hotel itself).
- You’re a coffee snob. (Seriously, just BYO coffee.)
- You're planning on spending a LOT of time in the hotel.
Final Thoughts (My Brain is Still Fried):
This wasn't just a hotel stay; it was an experience. Japan is incredible, and the APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi became a basecamp for some truly unforgettable adventures. It wasn’t perfect. It
Escape to Paradise: Sky Friend Guest House Awaits in Thailand!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're not just planning a trip to the APA Hotel Machida Eki-Higashi, Japan, we’re going on a journey. A glorious, chaotic, probably-slightly-jet-lagged journey. Buckle up your brain, we are going in!
A Messy, Glorious (and Possibly Jet-Lagged) Adventure: Machida, Japan
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Quest for Ramen
11:00 AM (ish): Touchdown at Narita, or NRT, as the cool kids say. Wait, who are the cool kids anymore? My phone's already lost connection. First impressions? Hot. Humid. Beautiful chaos. This is it. I’m in Japan. Oh, crap. Did I remember to pack the adapter? (Spoiler alert: no. I did not.)
12:30 PM: The airport's a beast. I follow the signs to the train, feeling an uncomfortable mix of excitement and utter terror. Will I get this right? Will I accidentally order a whole cow? Will anyone understand my terrible, terrible Japanese? (I’m practicing with Duolingo, but let's be honest, it's not working).
2:00 PM: Train ride to Machida. The scenery is… different. Everything is so… clean. And quiet. The Japanese people are impeccably polite. Are they secretly judging my ripped jeans? Probably. My heart is racing.
3:00 PM: Struggle to find the APA Hotel. Thank goodness for Google Maps. Seriously, I'd be lost in a giant pile of Pikachu plushies by now. The hotel is tiny, bless its heart, and the room? Even tinier. This is where a sigh escapes from me, and a little chuckle comes out, realizing I'm going to love this. It's all part of the ridiculousness of travel, right?
- 3:30 PM: I'm in my room (FINALLY!), wrestling with the tiny space, the equally tiny shower, and the slightly unsettling, but adorable, Japanese toilet. (It has buttons! So many buttons!) I need a moment.
4:00 PM: Ramen Mission: Commence! I spend an embarrassing amount of time walking around Machida, desperately trying to find a decent ramen place. My stomach is rumbling like a disgruntled Godzilla. Finally, I find one! The line is long, but the smell…oh, the smell is divine. This is what I needed. The steam, the broth, the noodles… chef's kiss. This is probably the best ramen I've ever had.
6:00 PM: Jet lag hits like a ton of bricks. I consider just collapsing on the bed and embracing my fate of a full night of sleep. But no! Must… explore… even a little.
7:00 PM: Wander some random streets, the lights and signage a blur of color and kanji. I buy a vending machine coffee (it's surprisingly good!) and feel a ridiculous sense of wonder. It's not even a specific spot, it's just the feeling of being here.
8:00 PM: Face plant in bed. Goodnight, world. Oh, and did I mention I forgot my adapter?
Day 2: Culture Shock, Karaoke, and the Vending Machine Conspiracy.
7:00 AM (ish): Waking up is an adventure in itself. My body is still convinced I'm on Pacific time. I stumble out of bed, already feeling slightly frazzled. Coffee is a non-negotiable at this point, but the hotel's brew is… well, let's just say it's not exactly the nectar of the gods.
8:00 AM: Breakfast. This is something I’m super excited for. There's a cafe in the hotel, I think, and it probably has some breakfast.
- 8:30 AM: After much walking, I've finally located the cafe! And oh my goodness, they have a variety of things. A lot of them are… unusual… but good Lord, it's heaven.
9:00 AM: I am making a terrible plan to check out the local shops in the area. And hopefully buy an adapter.
10:00 AM: Trying to navigate the busy streets and shop and pick out food. I'm pretty tired, but the shops are fun to look at, especially the ones with crazy food.
1:00 PM: Karaoke! I had sworn I'd never do this, but the group I'm with decided on this. I'm not sure what song to pick. After some deep thinking, I chose a song I knew well. It was pretty terrible, to be honest, but everyone cheered me on anyway.
4:00 PM: Vending machine research (yes, this is a thing). These machines are everywhere. And they sell… everything. Hot coffee, cold soda, snacks, even underwear (maybe?). I’m starting to suspect a complex vending machine conspiracy is at play here. They're watching me.
7:00 PM: Dinner. Tonight, I attempt to order food in Japanese. It's a glorious train wreck. I somehow end up with a plate of deep-fried something-or-other that I think might be octopus (don't ask) and a side of confused stares. But hey, I lived to tell the tale.
9:00 PM: Back in my tiny, amazing hotel room. I'm completely exhausted, filled with a mix of sensory overload and sheer exhilaration. Japan, you are a crazy, beautiful mess.
Day 3: The Temple, the Train, and the Lingering Jet Lag:
9:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of… nothing? So weird to be so quiet. Feeling a little less like a zombie today, but the jet lag is still kicking in.
10:00 AM: Exploring the shrines and temples of the neighborhood. The smell of incense, the intricate architecture, the sense of quiet contemplation… it's incredibly moving. I feel a powerful and real calm here. I stumble around with some other tourists, which makes it slightly less awkward.
12:00 PM: Lunch! Another random restaurant, another culinary adventure. I'm starting to get a handle on using the chopsticks, but I still look like I'm trying to wrestle the food into submission.
2:00 PM: Wander around the shops again. I actually have a pretty good time!
4:00 PM: Okay, my feet are killing me. Time to head back to the hotel and attempt to finally get some real rest.
6:00 PM: One last vending machine visit. I'm going to miss those things.
7:00 PM: Last dinner in Machida. I think I've eaten enough ramen to last a lifetime. Maybe.
9:00 PM: Packing (or at least attempting to). What the HECK am I going to do with all the souvenirs?
10:00 PM: Collapse into bed, already bracing myself for the long journey home. I can't wait to tell everyone about this trip.
Day 4: Departure, Reflections, and the Quest for the Perfect Souvenir Adapter (still unresolved)
Early AM: Head to airport. Another train. Another series of goodbyes.
Whenever I Get Home: I'm still not quite sure on what kind of souvenir to get. Maybe I'll get an adapter.
Post-Trip: I'm currently planning my next trip. This time, I won't forget my adapter… (Probably).
This itinerary is a suggestion of the kind of trip I want. It's all about the moments, the mess and the magic. So, here's to Japan, to the ramen, the vending machines, and the glorious chaos. Let the adventures begin!
Taitung Surf's Up! Epic Waves & Beachfront Hostel Await!