Unbelievable Downtown Cleveland Stay: Drury Plaza Hotel Review!
Drury Plaza Hotel Downtown Cleveland: My Honest-to-Goodness, Maybe-Slightly-Obsessive Review!
Okay, people, buckle up. This isn't your average, boring hotel review. This is my Drury Plaza Hotel Downtown Cleveland experience, warts and all. I'm talking deep dives into the Wi-Fi, the swimming pool, the breakfast, and everything in between. Prepare for opinions. Prepare for tangents. Prepare for… well, let's just say honesty.
First Impressions: The Accessibility Gauntlet (and Victory!)
Right off the bat, I need to talk about accessibility. Because, let's be real, it's often a crapshoot. But the Drury Plaza? They get it. Wheelchair accessible throughout? Check. Elevator? Duh. I'm talking ramps, wide hallways, and even a dedicated Facilities for disabled guests section on their website. They mentioned it in my check-in with a friendly smile, which is refreshing and a great start.
I saw signs for the Air conditioning in public area and Air conditioning generally, which is a huge win in Cleveland summers. And trust me, a Doorman always helps with carrying things. (My luggage, you know?) This may seem like a small thing, but it means a LOT.
Internet: My Digital Lifeblood…or Bust!
Let's be real. In this day and age, Internet access is practically oxygen. And the Drury Plaza? They understood the assignment. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! Seriously. It was fast, it was reliable, and I didn't have to wrestle with a ridiculous login process. They also offered Internet access – LAN, which is awesome for us old-school types who still like a good wired connection (although, let's be real, Wi-Fi [free] is what I used!). Internet services are pretty good too, no problem with Laptop workspace either.
Rooms: Cleanliness and Comfort (and a Few Quirks!)
Okay, let's talk about the rooms. Mine had a window that opens, which I always love. And a reading light for those late-night novel binges. The blackout curtains were a serious blessing. The carpet[ing] was soft, but I did wish they had maybe updated it just a little bit. The air conditioning was efficient – not too loud, not too weak. They provided all the essentials, like towels, toiletries, and a hair dryer. And bonus points for the bathrobes!
The Daily housekeeping was a godsend. The Room sanitization opt-out available and Rooms sanitized between stays, plus all the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services, were reassuring. This review was at the height of the pandemic and the sanitization was top-notch.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast Nirvana! (and Other Adventures)
Okay, let's get to the good stuff: the food. And the Drury Plaza is famous for its complimentary breakfasts. And let me tell you, they didn’t disappoint. Breakfast [buffet] here is the real deal. They had everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Western breakfast, Asian breakfast, they even had those little individual yogurts so you could just grab and go. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop on the go. Breakfast service: top-notch. They even had Breakfast takeaway service if you were in a rush.
I also saw Restaurants, a Bar, had a Poolside bar, and the menu had Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant. I didn't go to those, though.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Pool with View??!
Ah, the amenities. Now, we're talking. The Swimming pool [outdoor] was… well, it was a pool. But it had a nice view! I didn't go into it, my stay was during the autumn and it was a little chilly. I did see the Fitness center and the Gym/fitness, which seemed well-equipped. There’s a Spa/sauna, but I didn’t have time and some other options, like the Body scrub, Body wrap, and Massage.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Okay, the little things. The Drury Plaza excels here. Cashless payment service? Check. Concierge? Check. Cash withdrawal? You betcha. The Gift/souvenir shop was handy. The Laundry service and Dry cleaning were lifesavers, and it was great to see a Convenience store inside.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound
I have to shout out their safety protocols. They emphasized Hygiene certification, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They had Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and were using Individual-wrapped food options. It made me feel comfortable.
For the Kids: Family Fun!
They were definitely Family/child friendly. They had Kids facilities available.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
Car park [free of charge]? Score! They also had Taxi service and Valet parking.
My Slightly-Obsessive, Absolutely-Honest Verdict:
The Drury Plaza Downtown Cleveland is the real deal. Sure, it has its quirks (like any hotel), but it's clean, comfortable, and incredibly well-equipped, especially when considering accessibility. The free breakfast is legendary. The staff is super-friendly. And the location is perfect for exploring the city.
My Anecdote That Sums it Up:
One morning, I was absolutely zombified from a long drive. I stumbled down to breakfast in my bathrobe, mascara smeared, hair a disaster. The staff, without missing a beat, greeted me with a huge smile and a "Good morning! Hope you're having a great day!" It's those little moments of genuine hospitality that make a hotel memorable.
The Unbelievable Downtown Cleveland Stay: Drury Plaza Hotel - Book NOW!
Tired of overpriced, underwhelming hotels? Want a downtown Cleveland experience that's actually enjoyable? Look no further! The Drury Plaza Hotel is offering a special deal for a limited time:
- FREE hot breakfast buffet every day (seriously, it's amazing!)
- Free Wi-Fi (so you can actually work/binge-watch in peace)
- Spacious, comfortable rooms (with blackout curtains, because sleep is priceless)
- Heated Outdoor Pool (Because why not?)
Book your stay at the Drury Plaza Downtown Cleveland today and experience the difference! Trust me, you won't regret it. Don't just take my word for it—experience it for yourself! Click here and book now, before the offer disappears! Warning: May result in extreme comfort and a serious craving for waffles.
Luxury China Serviced Apartments: Unforgettable Stays, Unbeatable Prices!Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown: My Brain-Dump Itinerary (aka, Pray for Me, I'm Doing This)
Okay, fine, I'll write a travel itinerary. But consider this fair warning: I hate itineraries. They're the enemy of spontaneity, the antithesis of good vibes. But, here we go… Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown, I'm coming for you. And, frankly, so is my existential dread.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Cleveland Pizza Quest
- 1:00 PM: Arrival & Check-in - "The Lobby Shuffle" - Ugh, airports. The fluorescent lights of doom. Hoping my luggage makes it (seriously, I've got socks older than some countries in that suitcase). Arriving at the Drury, bless their cotton socks, hopefully there will be free snacks since it's almost 30' clock. Check-in… okay, so the line is longer than my last relationship lasted (yikes). Breathe. Deep breaths. Pretend I'm Zen Master of Waiting. This is the perfect opportunity to people-watch. Observe the stressed-out businessman in the pressed suit, the giddy family of five with matching t-shirts, and the old couple quietly holding hands. Life is weird.
- 2:00 PM: Unpacking & Hotel Reconnaissance - "The Blanket Fort of Doubt" - Alright, room secured. Now for the essential hotel room ritual: Check all the drawers (gotta make sure there aren't any surprise socks-thieves), test the bed (is it a marshmallow? A slab of concrete?), and assess the view (pray it's not the air conditioning unit). Honestly, I’m always so ridiculously paranoid about bed bugs. Why? I don't know! Maybe it's because I once read a particularly gruesome article about them… shudders
- 3:00 PM: Cleveland Pizza Pilgrimage, Part 1 - "The Search for the Holy Dough" - My single mission for this trip: Find the perfect Cleveland pizza. I'd heard whispers. Rumors. Legends. My first stop: [Insert random Cleveland pizza joint here - use Google, I'm not your travel agent!]. (I haven't actually chosen one yet. Procrastination is a gift, people.) This is where the real work begins. It’s a trial by fire, a pizza gauntlet! I’m talking wood-fired vs. traditional, toppings battles, crust critiques. Wish me luck. Pray I don't get full of the same awful chain pizza.
- 5:00 PM: Pizza Debrief & Emotional Breakdown (Optional) - "The Aftermath" - Okay, so my pizza experience was… intense. (Maybe it was the greasy, cheesy glory. Maybe it was the existential dread slowly creeping in. Who knows?) I may or may not have cried a little. Pizza is serious business, folks. Regardless, I head back to Drury for a breather. This is when I’ll probably drink some free soda and question all my life choices.
- 7:00 PM: Evening Swim & Free Booze - "The Drunken Float" - OKAY, the free happy hour is here now. This is the true mark of a good hotel. I have very low expectations for the free booze. But free is free! Also, let's jump in the pool/hot tub, probably overcrowded with children. But let's do it. I need to wash off all the pizza grease.
- 8:30 PM: Bedtime & The Eternal Scroll - "The Netflix Void" - Exhausted, content, and slightly pizza-fied, I'll probably collapse into bed, and then I'll do the most unholy thing and doom-scroll through social media for three hours. Then I'll realize the world is on fire and question my soul and my existence. Then I'll sleep.
Day 2: Art, History, and the Ever-Present Feeling of "Is This Real Life?"
- 9:00 AM: Free Breakfast Buffet Massacre - "The Great Scramble Scramble" - Okay, the free breakfast. Godspeed. I'm expecting a battle of the titans. Prepare for the scrambled egg stampede (they probably taste rubbery, but whatever), the waffle wars, the inevitable "I'm touching all the bagels and not using the tongs" situation. Pray for me.
- 10:00 AM: Cleveland Museum of Art - "The Staring Contest" - I'm not a huge art person. I get distracted easily. But I'm gonna force myself to go to the Cleveland Museum of Art. Maybe I'll find something that speaks to me. More likely, I'll get lost in the sheer size of the place. I will definitely make some sarcastic comments in my head (which I will share with you later).
- 12:00 PM: Lunch near the Museum - "Sandwich of Choice" - My stomach's already rumbling. Where to get lunch? Will it be a culinary triumph or a total disaster? Tune in to find out. Probably a greasy spoon or something, just to keep the Cleveland theme going.
- 1:30 PM: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - "The Ear-Blast of History" - This is the one thing I'm genuinely excited about. I was raised in the era of rock and roll. So, I can't wait to hear the music and see the memorabilia. I'll probably get overwhelmed, find myself humming along to cheesy songs, and maybe even shed a tear for the good old days.
- 4:00 PM: Relaxation time - "Hotel sanctuary" - Back to the hotel to take it easy. I'll probably head back to the room and take a short nap, or I will watch something on TV.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner in Cleveland - "The quest for the perfect burger" - Cleveland is a city that has a lot of various, and interesting places to eat. This is when I'm gonna search for the best burger in the city.
- 8:00 PM: Free Drink and Good Night - Time to reflect on the day and the fact that tomorrow is coming.
Day 3: Departure & The Existential Hangover
- 9:00 AM: Last Buffet Stand - "The Egg-White Rebellion" - Defy the odds: I'll get the eggs, I'll get the waffles, and I will not judge the person piling six sausages onto their plate. (Mostly.)
- 10:00 AM: Check Out & The Emotional Goodbye - "Farewell, Drury, Farewell" - Saying goodbye is always hard. But knowing I don't have to be in Cleveland is going to make it bearable. I hope I did not leave any socks behind.
- 11:00 AM: The Airport - "The Circle of Life (and Delays)" - Airport security, long lines, overpriced coffee. The usual purgatory before returning to the real world. Pray for my plane not to be delayed! My soul is getting weaker.
- 12:00 PM: Take off - Time to fly away and never return.
Post-Trip Thoughts (Probably) - "The Aftermath (aka My Brain is a Mess)"
- Will I find the perfect pizza? Unlikely. But the journey… the journey is everything.
- Did I enjoy myself? Probably, in a masochistic sort of way.
- Am I glad to be going home? Absolutely. (And I can't wait to see my bed, which is sadly not a Drury Plaza bed.)
Okay, there it is. My messy, imperfect, and brutally honest itinerary. Wish me luck – I'm gonna need it. And if you see me in Cleveland, please don't judge me. I'm just trying to survive. And eat pizza. And maybe avoid an existential crisis. Maybe.
Germany's Hidden Gem: Hotel An der Gruga - Unforgettable Stay!So, why Cleveland? And why the Drury Plaza? Did you, like, lose a bet?
Alright, alright, settle down. Cleveland wasn't exactly *top* of my bucket list. Let's just say duty called. And by "duty," I mean a conference I *sort of* needed to attend. As for the Drury Plaza… Well, free breakfast and an evening cocktail? Sounds like my kind of nightmare, I mean, *deal*. Plus the reviews were glowing (too glowing? I'm looking at *you*, suspiciously enthusiastic robots). Honestly, it was the free food that sealed the deal. My bank account is currently in a bitter feud with me, so free is the language I best understand.
The Room – Spill the Tea! Was it clean? Were there questionable stains? Did you find a hidden camera? (Don't judge me, I've seen things.)
Okay, deep breaths. The room. The room was… fine. Honestly, it was a bit beige. Beige, beige, beige. The hotel interior designer clearly had a serious love affair with the color. I swear, I nearly tripped over a beige ottoman that blended right into the beige carpet. But hey, it was clean. I mean, I didn't find any *obvious* stains of the "questionable" variety. (Still, I gave the sheets the classic "sniff test," you know, just in case. Don't judge me, Part II.) No hidden cameras. I think. Okay, mostly sure. The bathroom? Standard hotel fare. Functional, maybe a little dated, but the water pressure in the shower was surprisingly good. That's a win in my book after a day of conference presentations. I did, however, find a slightly creepy poster of a smiling family near the elevator. Gave me the heebie-jeebies. I mean, really, *that* photo? It just felt... off.
Let's talk about the "free" food. The most important question. Was it actually edible? Did you sneak extra breakfast waffles? (We’re all friends here.)
Okay, *this*. This is where things devolved hilariously. The free breakfast? Glorious, in a greasy-spoon, heart-attack-in-a-can kind of way. Waffles, eggs, sausage, and… wait for it… gravy! I’m not even a huge gravy fan, but after a few days of generic conference food? I was *all in*. Did I sneak extra waffles? Listen, I'm not saying I *didn't*. There may have been a strategic "accidental" waffle-wrapping incident involving a napkin and my purse. (Don’t tell anyone.) The evening cocktails… They were, shall we say, *potent*. Possibly a little *too* potent. I may or may not have shared a philosophical discussion about the meaning of life with a stuffed moose head in the lobby. Don’t ask. Honestly, I felt like a bloated, slightly tipsy Walrus with an appreciation for cheap bourbon by the end of the day. I did eat my weight in snack mix though, the saltiness was a win for me, offsetting the sugary overload of those waffles.
The Pool – Did you brave the chlorine depths? Was it crowded? Were there screaming children? (The important questions.)
Oh, the pool. I *intended* to go. I really, truly did. I packed my swimsuit, envisioned a relaxing plunge, a moment of zen. But then… then I saw it. The pool area. The noise. The screaming children. It was a cacophony of splashing, chlorine fumes, and general chaos. I took one look and promptly retreated to the beige sanctuary of my room. Instead, I opted for a nap. Which, honestly, was a much better use of my time. My inner peace is more important than my physical health, I guess. Or maybe I just didn't want to risk an encounter with a rogue water balloon. Either way, no pool for me. Maybe next time. Maybe.
Location, Location, Location! How was it in terms of downtown Cleveland? And if you walked around, what was the vibe?
The location was… decent. It was downtown, so it was within walking distance of things, *sort of*. (Unless your definition of "walking distance" involves a significant amount of huffing and puffing, that is. Which, after the waffles, was me.) The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was nearby, which was cool. I’m a classic rock kind of gal, with some cheesy pop mixed in. I even braved a little bit of walking around the city, even though the weather was…Cleveland weather. You know, the kind where you question basic life choices. The vibe was… interesting. A mix of business people, tourists, and your general assortment of humanity. I saw a guy wearing a full-body banana costume. No context. Just a dude, in a banana suit. Pretty much sums up Cleveland for me. Also, I was terrified of the "friendly" pigeons -- these winged rats of the sky, that's my opinion.
Service – Were the staff friendly? (Because sometimes you just need someone to be nice, right?)
Okay, here’s where the Drury Plaza *really* won me over. The staff? Honestly, they were fantastic. Genuinely friendly, helpful, and patient even when I was stumbling around, half-asleep, fueled by too much coffee and waffle-induced sugar. They were the kind of people who make you feel like you’re actually welcome, not just a cog in the hotel machine. Seriously, shout-out to the breakfast server who kept refilling my coffee and pretending not to notice the mountain of waffles I was consuming. You are a saint.
The Overall Experience – Would you recommend this place? Would you go back (even with the beige)? Be honest!
Okay, here's the truth bomb: Yes. I would recommend the Drury Plaza. Despite the beige, despite the potential for waffle-induced existential crises, I had a decent time. It's not fancy, it's not pretentious, it's just… solid. And the free food and friendly staff? Unbeatable. Would I go back? Hmmm... maybe. But next time, I'm bringing my own banana suit. And maybe a therapist. Just in case. Just probably. I'm also considering bringing my own pillow. The ones they provide are okay, but I'm a pillow snob. Overall, a decent stay, a good deal, and I'll probably eat waffles again. And maybe, just maybe, I'll brave the pool. Probably not.
Any Specific Moment That Stands Out, For Better or Worse? Spill the T!
Oh, yes. The Elevator Experience. It was my second morning, and I was already slightly hungover from… well, let's just say the evening cocktails. I was heading down for more waffle-related research when I got into the elevator. Alone. Or so I thought.Best Rest Finder